Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Don Cornelius


The man who blessed us with the innovative show "Soul Train" has passed. Don Cornelius was found dead this morning in his apartment. He was 75 and the victim of an apparent suicide. This news is beyond shocking and sad. He is most famously known as the heart and soul behind "Soul Train." Mr. Cornelius was the producer and creator of the groundbreaking show. "Soul Train" gave African American artists a place to showcase their talents during a time when no one else would. The show would live on for decades.

I remember vividly watching the show as a kid. I loved everything about it. The brightly colored set, the energetic dancers, the singers, the board and of course the host. To me, the show lost some of it's appeal after Mr. Cornelius stopped hosting it. "Soul Train" will always remind me of my childhood. It's a part of our history as is Mr. Cornelius. I'm still so saddened by his passing. He gave a lot to the entertainment industry. I hope that he is at peace now. May he rest in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment