Friday, February 10, 2012

A Novel Idea



One of my goals in life is to write novels. It's been a long term goal since I was in college. I've always been a lover of literature. Reading has been my hobby for as far back as I can remember. I've always allowed myself to become submerged in the world that authors create. Writers, to me, have long been the artists who painted the most vivid pictures in my mind with their words. I've always wanted to be able to do that. It started with poetry for me. In high school, I wrote for the yearbook and newspaper. I've written a bunch of short stories. This blog has helped me to get into the habit of writing daily. But, honestly, tackling my book scares me. I know it shouldn't but it does. I don't want to mess it up.

I've been kicking around ideas for characters and plots. I don't want to tell a story that's been done before. I don't want to do something that's different from my perspective. I want to develop and flesh out 3 dimensional characters. My goal as a writer is to write something that touches and moves people. I want to be one of the greats. I know I have to just buckle down and write. Just let the words flow from me. The words will come. They always do. I'm blogging about it to push myself into action. I've found that putting what you want out into the universe works. I'm speaking it into existence...amongst other things. I am a writer. I just needed a nudge to get started writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment