Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Watch What You Say...

What do people say about you when you aren't around? I know, for the most part, people will say very nice, complimentary, flowery things to your face. But, some times they aren't as nice beyond your back. I've accepted the fact that this is just life. I can't say I truly don't care what people say about me. I don't live my life on those comments though. But, to an extent, I do take them in. I want the way I view myself to add up to the woman that everyone else is seeing in me. Am I perfect? Nope. Nor do I aspire to be. I'm just me. I can be plenty things at any given moment of the day. What I am is consistent. I feel what I feel, like what I like, and am firmly planted in many of my ideals. That's just me being me. I watch my words more closely now. It's not always easy because people can push you. I think loads of things. I just don't allow all of them to flow out of my mouth.



I don't play into the he say/she say talk. Whatever I've said once, I can say twice. It's not that hard to do. The likelihood that something you say will find its way back is about 100%. Words are serious and deep. I am thankful that I've learned to not react to what people say. It took me a really long time to get there though. I try to take things that are said about me and then repeated by others to my face with a grain of salt. I've learned to brush it off. It's not worth it. People will say what they will and feel how they feel. I can't control them. I love me. I am so very happy with the woman I am. I stand behind my words because I mean them. I'm not here to impress anyone. The people I love and who love me back know this. . In closing, I think that most should watch what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment