Thursday, February 09, 2012

Who Will Lead The GOP?

The GOP is clearly confused. I've never seen such an odd race. I've been a political buff for half of my life. Politics intrigue me. The inner workings, the elections, the campaigns all make me want to know. I am fiercely a Democrat. I am a fierce believer in President Obama. To date, Republican voters cannot decide on who should get the nomination for the upcoming elections.

Rick Santorum has swept the 3 states on Tuesday night. These shocking results put him slightly ahead of the former frontrunner Romney. There have been so many lead shifts. There is no clear winner here. There has also been low voter turnout. Political pundits agree that this means voters are not pleased with any of the candidates. It's as if the voters don't know who they want to represent their party. It's already February. This is so sad to me. The GOP has clearly fallen from grace. No clear candidate choice. Three totally different men. I left Paul off purposely because no candidate who continually places 4th will ever get the nom. Either or, I'm thoroughly convinced that none of them can be a better President than Obama.

It's going to be a long road before a GOP nominee is picked. I'm sure there will be many more things for me to laugh at. I just cannot wait to cast my vote to re-elect President Barack Obama in November. He is the only choice in my book. No, he's not perfect. But, I still believe in him and his platform. I cannot think of a single policy disagreement I have with President Obama that can be solved by electing any Republican, Tea Party or Independent candidate. That just does not compute in my world. None of the candidates have not said one thing that I can readily get behind. I cannot wait to see who gets the nom. Then and only then will this race get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment