Saturday, June 16, 2012

Get Into It: Goodreads



Reading is one of my absolute favorite past times. It is one of my things. So, imagine my surprise to find a website that feeds that need for me. Goodreads is described as a social cataloging website for all the books you've read and want to read. You can join virtual book clubs or connect with friends over the books that they've read. I have my Goodreads page connected to my Facebook page. This was a plus for me. It connects me with friends and classmates who I know are serious readers. They have given me great reviews on some books. This is a plus for me. This site is basically genius. It's all of my favorite authors and books in the same place. It is a virtual library listing.



I absolutely love this site. I was able to set up a goal for myself. I want to read 100 books this year. This site helps keep me on track. I can review books that I've read and read other reviews. This has been very helpful when I am looking for new books to read. I like to share my opinions on the great books I've read and the really awful ones. It may be the literature nerd in me but this site is a little taste of heaven. Good reads also makes a bunch of recommendations for new books to read based on my books. The site is so informative for a reader. I have a list of about 35 books that I have to read soon. Most I never would've known about without seeing them in my recommendations list. If you're a reader, this is the place for you. Get into Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment