Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Outside (My) Movie Box: Part 7



I am totally not a comic book chick. I had heard so much about "The Avengers." And, I felt the urge to check it out. I was not disappointed in any way. It was amazing. I went into this movie sort of blind. I knew the characters name and literally nothing else about most of them. I had no real clue as to who Captain America or Ironman really are but I at least knew their names. Hawkeye, Nick Fury and Black Widow are completely new names/characters to me. I know more about the Hulk, Thor and Loki. None of this deterred me. I sat down and was enthralled from the opening scene. 


"The Avengers" was a great movie. I loved every bit of it. I can honestly say that I am a new fan of Ironman. Tony Starks is hilarious to me. I am kind of partial to Robert Downey Jr. I saw "Thor" but wasn't that impressed. It was just ok. But, I am so glad that of all the comic book films, "Thor" is the one I saw. It is the movie that is the basic plot of "The Avengers." The Hulk was hilarious in the film as well. I do remember the show from when I was a kid. I liked him then as well. I'm not really sure where the character Black Widow comes from but I enjoyed her. She was dope. Hawkeye was one of favorite characters. He was just very precise. I will not talk about the actual film because I know some have not seen it. Just know that it is great. And, I am pretty sure that there will be another film. I will be there to see it as well.

I feel the need to see the "Ironman" films. I want to know more about how he came to be. I guess I should get on it. I know that I am super late. But, better late than never right? And, after I finish with them, "Captain America" will be next on the list. I need to know more about his story as well. I have been stuck on the "Spiderman" films. Thanks mostly to my nephews. I can admit that I love Peter Parker and the three films. I am expanding my movie mind by watching things out of the norm for me. This has been an exciting journey to take. If you haven't seen the movie, you need to. It is a really great movie. Go ahead and get into "The Avengers."

No comments:

Post a Comment