Sunday, June 17, 2012

It's Father's Day!



Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there! In all honesty, this day doesn't mean a whole lot to me currently. My Dad is deceased & I don't have kids. I would like to be more optimistic about today's holiday. And, in the future, I'm sure I will be. I will spend today the way I have for the last 14 years: reminiscing about my Dad, Kenneth. This holiday just makes me miss him even more. I wish he was still here. Wish I could be having a conversation with him. No tears today though. I will not allow them. I'm going to think happy thoughts and remember the good times. Dads are pretty important people. Today is their day. So, make sure you let the Dads in your life know how much they are loved & appreciated. Happy Father's Day!


In the picture: my Dad Kenneth Sr, me,
my brother Kendrick, and my sister Matika.
Circa January 1997.

No comments:

Post a Comment