Friday, November 30, 2012

Just Because I Felt Like It: Ode To My 2 Favorite Hip-Hop Love Songs



Hip Hop love songs are an unusual thing. They are either really very good or really awful. My favorite two are Method Man/Mary J. Blige's "You're All I Need" and LL Cool J's "I Need Love." Both are hood love songs that I truly dig. Both of them always make me feel happy. Always. I can remember the first time I heard LL's song. I was in the car with my parents. I was enthralled with it and him. And, my favorite memory associated with Meth and Mary's song has to be on night in the HOB with my girl's. The DJ dropped this song at the end of a reggae set. The entire club went crazy. We were in the middle of the dance floor dancing to this song. It was just surreal. It was one of the best nights in a club of my life. We enjoyed every moment. I do not even remember leaving the club.This was really just because I felt like it. These two songs have been on my mind all day. Wanted to share them with you guys. Listen and vibe with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment