Thursday, November 01, 2012

Things I Like: You Heard That New.com


The power of Twitter is awesome. It connects us to people all over the world. It is very easy to find like minded people through your tweets. I don't really remember how I call across this one guy. But, I am so glad I did. He goes by the name of LowKey. You can catch him on Twitter. Aside from being hella cool via his tweets, he is deep into music. And, we all know how much I LOVE my music. His website is YouHeardThatNew.com and he features new tracks way before you would catch them on the radio. Well, for those of you who listen to the radio. I do not. I like to cater to my own ear and popular/hot radio stations do not do it for me. The reason I love his site is because it's never full of mainstream hot tracks. It's always something or someone I haven't discovered yet. That is always a plus.

Also, the one other thing I really enjoy about the website is the tone. LowKey's personality comes through in his post. He has a series called "Dear Reader, Let's Talk" where he just talks about certain every day things. It's pretty dope that he breaks up the music by inserting his thoughts in. If you are always on the lookout for new music, You Heard That New is the website for you. I can honestly say that I visit it almost daily. Some of my favorite new tracks have been discovered here. As well as new and old artists. This website isn't about politics, its just about the music. It's great to find a spot that there is no one else pulling the strings. I truly feel that LowKey just posts what he feels is dope. I can totally get behind this. You guys should definitely check it out. Get Into It: You Heard That New.

No comments:

Post a Comment