Saturday, November 10, 2012

Never As Random As It Seems


° PRESIDENT BARACK H. OBAMA WON! I seriously couldn't be happier about it. 4 more years of the audacity of hope and forward moving. I'm excited about it all. I can honestly say that I am so glad that the election is over. I was at my limit with the ads and mudslinging. I was burnt out. I love politics but even I get tired of them. Go #44!!

° Disney is developing a new show called "Girl Meets World." It will focus on the preteen daughter of Cory and Topanga Matthews of "Boy Meets World" fame. I was an uber fan of BMW so I am all the way here for it. Cory and Topanga were my favorite young couple. The show was just great. I cannot wait to see what they do with it.

° When I voted two weeks ago, I had a nice encounter with the white woman checking me in. She pronounced my name correctly. Imagine my surprise. I have a very unique name. Most people that I've encountered usually mispronounce it. And, then she gave me a great compliment. She said "What a pretty name you have. It's so unique." I have to thank my Dad for that. It made me feel truly special in that moment. Especially since I've had such a love/hate relationship with my unique first name.

° New music is great. Good new music is better. I am thankful for RaVaughn's "Love Always" mixtape, Ne-yo's new cd "R.E.D." as well as Miguel's "Kaleidoscope Dream." I cannot stop playing either projects.

° "Scandal" was finally picked up for a full second season. That is awesome news because the show is great. It is by far my favorite new show. Kerry Washington is golden as Olivia Pope. I am absolutely here for Columbus Short as Harrison and Katie Lowe as Quinn. It's just a really great show. I turned my baby onto this show.You guys should check it out as well.

° I abhor my wisdom teeth. They need to be taken out ASAPtually. The pain is truly unbearable. But, I am afraid to have surgery.And, I hate hospitals and hospital-like settings. Do you see my dilemma? Something has to give and soon. I am searching for a new dentist since my dentist retired :(

° I love my family. I really do. But, some of them make it so hard to do. I am thisclose to spazzing on one particular member. I am trying not to go there because she is my Aunt. But, she is on super thin ice. I am done trying. I just need her to stay far, far away from me. I am going to pray about. I need others to pray for me too on this issue.

° If the weather cooperates, I can finally get some wear out of my boots, peacoat and scarfs. I love the winter for this alone. And, I can buy more boots. Need them.

° Ok, I know I shouldn't feel smug and uber happy that my candidate won the Presidential election. But, I do. There is a tumblr page dedicated to Romney supporters mourning. You can catch it here. It is hilarious.

° Watching the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy and my heart truly goes out to the survivors. It reminds me in so many ways to Katrina. Which brings me to this. The song below always makes me cry. It's called "A Long Way Home" by Roi Anthony. It was released after Hurricane Katrina. It truly summed up how I felt at that time. "Why do I feel, I feel like a refugee when I'm from New Orleans? I'm a loooonnnggg way from home and all my memories. I've got to find my way, find my way back, somehow back down to New Orleans. I know somebody feel me."


No comments:

Post a Comment