Friday, April 13, 2012

Rant: So Food Poisoning...

Food poisoning sucks. It has to be the worst thing ever. The last 24 hours have been hell. No, like my literal definition of hell. I was the victim of food poisoning. It has been just awful. I ate some pasta from one of my (former) favorite restaurants.2 hours later, I thought I was going to die. My bathroom and I became reacquainted in a way that I don't ever want to again. I spent a good ten hours, off and on, on the bathroom floor. It was not a good night/morning at all. I was basically projectile vomiting. I even threw up orange juice. Do you know how awful that is? Words would do it any justice. Just know that it was not pretty. At all. It's been hell.



The above photo, along with dry toast and tea, is all that I've ingested in the last 48 hours. And, let me tell you that I'm beyond sick of it. I think I officially abhor saltine crackers. They are dry and get stuck in my throat. I can live the rest of my live without ever eating another one. This experience has definitely opened my mind about some things. Maybe I need to weed some food items out of my life. All I know is right at this moment, I am starving. And, even worse, I'm afraid to eat anything. So for now, I'm sticking to liquids and soup until further notice. For now, I'm just recovering in the land of the sick and shut in. Seriously, I just want my tummy back.

No comments:

Post a Comment