Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Music Releases: Monica & Melanie Fiona

So, just what are we going to get into today? Some new R&B music. There is a lot of good music out right now. I decided to review a few new projects that I am feeling. Both of the cds I chose are ones that I have been waiting on to be released. Both received setbacks but were worth the wait. The material was even better than I expected. The two projects that I am referring to are Monica's "New Life" & Melanie Fiona's "The MF Life." Let's get into them already.

Monica's new project "New Life" is a solid effort. I play it from beginning to end. I am a huge fan of her work and her voice. She is one of the few artist that I can say that I have all of their cds. I've always identified with her because she has always come across as personable. This cd is no different. Monica takes her listeners on a ride from heartbreak to finding true love. It is a ride that most of us can relate to. The lead singles "Until I'm Gone" & the duet with Brandy "It All Belongs To Me" are both great musical and lyrical songs to me. I am even more excited about potential singles. "Daddy's Good Girl" is a song that any woman in love will love. "My Big Mistake" & "Time To Move On" are the epitome of the end of a relationship & heartbreak song. "Without You" & "Amazing" are both testaments to her new marriage and husband. What is missing is the Rick Ross assisted "Anything To Find You" which was released last year as a single, a video and then shelved. I dug that track for the throwback 90's vibe.





Melanie Fiona's sophomore cd "The MF Life" was definitely a labor of love. This cd was on the verge of being shelved because of label issues. But, it was released and it is good. In my opinion, it is a better showing than her debut. The music & lyrics are more cohesive and fluid. The material flows better on this cd. Headed by her singles "4 AM' & "Gone And Never Coming Back," this cd is a relationship from start to finish set to music. I love her features on this cd. The two big ones are Nas & J. Cole. Both rappers give a boost to the songs that they are featured on. I am definitely feeling "Wrong Side of a Love Song" & "Running." I am curious to see what her label does as far as pushing this project. I cannot wait to hear what her next single will be. I just really enjoyed this cd.





These two cds have been getting heavy play around here. I was in need of some new R&B music. I was overdosing in Hip_hop in the last few weeks. I will always support great artist who put out great music. Why wouldn't I? If you are a fan of either, I suggest you give them both a listen. There are a few more projects I have to sit & give a good listen to. The #1 on that list is the new SWV cd. I am excited that they are back. Can't wait to hear what they have to offer this time around. For now, enjoy the youtubes. Get into Monica and Melanie's new music

No comments:

Post a Comment