Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Get Into It: "Smash"


Television networks are over saturated with reality shows. And, I can admit that I can indulge in a few. But, what I love more than anything is a great scripted show with awesome actors. When I find a new one, it makes me very happy. This is what happened the moment I started watching NBC's "Smash." This show is based on a Broadway musical from inception to the stage. I am a musical junkie. I live for "Grease," "Dreamgirls," "Annie," & "Hairspray." So, I was intrigued by this show before it premiered.

The characters are all so different but they work. My favorite characters are Karen Cartwright, the small town girl with the big voice and Ivy, the sexy girl with the voice. These two women are vying for the role of Marilyn. Both are great actress and wonderful singers. But, other than that, they have nothing in common. I like them for totally different reasons. Every other character on the show are interesting for other reasons. The star of the show is the music. It's the thing that makes the show so different. It's just really great.

It comes on Monday nights at 9pm on NBC. It's been on since February. If you haven't seen it, you can catch up on past episodes on NBC.com or OnDemand. It's a really good show. The storyline is interesting. The music is great. The characters are likeable and relatable. For this to be the freshman season of "Smash," I'm excited to see where it goes. Fingers crossed that there is a season two. I will be watching if so. I can't wait to see what the rest of this season has to offer. "Smash" is just simply a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment