Friday, December 23, 2011

Retail Therapy: Bra Shopping


I abhor shopping for bras. Like seriously. It is a task that literally irks me. It's an ordeal that always causes a headache. Maybe it's easy to the A, B, and C cup ladies. But, not for the highly endowed. I know I'm blessed. I love my breasts. They are quite awesome. Shopping for the twins (the DD's) is not my idea of the good time.

I cannot just walk into a store, pick up a bra and purchase it. If I did, it would be returned quickly. It has to be the right size to begin with. Then I have to search for the right color. It can't be white or taupe. They make me feel like a 65 year old woman. I prefer black over everything. I will buy any shade of blue, pink, purple, or grey bras. I have never owned a red bra. I'm not sure why though. The next thing I need in a good bra are thick straps. Without that, it's a no go. I need support. So that means underwire. All of these options make a great bra for me.

I hate returning bras. It's the worst. I like to get it right the first time. Which means I always have to try them on. That's another hassle. This also mean that shopping online for them just isn't going to happen. A good bra makes an outfit. If my bra is good, so will everything else. That's my truth. Bra shopping can be an ordeal. And it's one I need to embark on soon. I feel the headache already. *sigh* Pray for me.

5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. Literally. It's a task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhh! Tell me about it! DD-speaking here. It's a pain in the bum bum! I don't know what happened but some yeeeaaars ago I left my C-cup self behind and never returned. Those were the easy days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't understand why it's so difficult for stores to stock sizes above a D cup!! It would make it so much easier for us. I still haven't gone bra shopping yet. I'm dreading it so I keep postponing. *sigh* It can't wait forever though. I'm glad I'm not alone in this DD at struggle life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear that! It's hard to find something that fits comfortably in most store. // Have you gone shopping yet? I will if you have ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I haven't. I'm still procrastinating in this department. But, I know I'll get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete