Friday, December 30, 2011

Adventures In Cooking: Domesticated Diva II

In my never-ending quest for knowledge, I've decided that 2012 will be the year I conquer "outside of my box" cooking. I like to cook, love to bake. I really enjoy being in the kitchen pulling it all together. Even if its just for me. I can cook a lot of staple meals. I almost always cook the same things. I need to explore new avenues. That is on my to do list in the new year.

I'm also realizing that I prefer cooking from scratch. I thoroughly enjoy creating things on any level. So, of course, cooking would be no different. I enjoy looking up recipes online and then making them my own. I am always super impressed with myself when the results are even better than I imagined. There is something truly fulfilling about knowing that it all came from you. I have been cooking for a long time. But, this is the first time I can say I really enjoy doing it. It was necessity before. Now, it's a luxury that I relish.

New and more daring dishes will be forthcoming. I am sure I will start with Chinese food. I love it and want to try my hand at it. I have to buy a wok too. This adventure is going to be fun and interesting. I am very excited to see what my hands can come up with. Cooking is a joy that I hope all of you enjoy as well. It makes me happy. I'm going to try my hand at a few cake recipes as well. That should definitely be a great thing. This Domesticated Diva will see you guys in the new year and in the kitchen. Cook on!

No comments:

Post a Comment