Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Loving December!



Families can restore your spirit in ways you couldn't even imagine. The holidays can be a trying time in a persons life. It's so easy to get caught up in what you don't have during a season of gift buying and gift giving. December is a very birthday heavy month for my family. It's literally a month long celebration for us. That has always been a big deal for me. I have loved the month of December for as long as I can remember. It's my favorite month in my second favorite season. Birthdays are a big deal to me.

Today is my Grandmother's 75th birthday. This woman is hilarious. I grew up calling her Momma Louise. That name has evolved into Ma and/or Foxy. We ended up having a very impromptu party for her today. She was surrounded by 7 of her grandkids, 3 great grandkids, and various other family members. There was a lot of laughter, food, cake and daiquiri's. We had so much fun. It's very easy to get caught up in my own stuff. I think I needed some quality family time. I definitely got more than enough tonight. I am so blessed to still have both grandmothers in my life. Foxy enjoyed her day and that means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment