Saturday, December 24, 2011

Outside My (Movie) Box: Part 5



I haven't done a movie review in some time now. I have seen a few really good ones in the last few months. I enjoy a good movie every now and again. I've seen a few that I could watch again and again. That's how good they were to me. Let's discuss them, shall we?



I have been a Harry Potter fan since I caught the first movie on HBO. Since then, I've seen every movie in the theater. I've also read the last five books. I was sad to see it end. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2" was everything I wanted it to be and more. The movie stayed so close to the book. It was well written and well acted. I have seen it three times and it keeps getting better. Harry, Hermoine and Ron all ended up exactly where they should have been. The 7 movie series wraps up so nicely. It's the darkest movie of the whole series. As a fan, I was more than impressed. A must see for a fan like me.



Another series I became a reluctant fan of was "Twilight." The third installment "Breaking Dawn Part 1" was highly hyped. It took me a while to watch this one. But, I have to admit that it was worth the wait. To see the culmination of Bella and Edward's love story was awesome. I loved the wedding scene. I loved her dancing with Jacob as a way of saying goodbye. I loved the friendship that Edward and Jacob formed in order to protect Bella and Renesmee. The movie was just good. I hated the way it ended, only because I wanted more. The final part will not be released for a full year which sucks. I haven't read the books so I actually have no clue what's going to happen. But I can't wait to see it. I suggest this to any fan of this series.




"Fast Five" was amazing. Visually it was golden. The scenery in Brazil was beautiful. The car chasing scenes, the fight scenes, and the actors were all a sight to see. As a female, this film was full of sexy, cute eye candy. Paul Walker (who will always have a special place in my heart), Vin Diesel, Tyrese, Ludacris, The Rock are all so nice to look at. And, even better, they can act. Every thing about this movie is golden. The storyline was great. I hear they are already working on films 6 & 7 with the whole cast of the last film. That makes me happy. These movies made me smile, laugh, angry and when they were over, happy. All the emotions that a good film should pull out of a consumer.



I had no real interest in seeing "Thor." I knew nothing of his story because he is a Nordic God. I am fluent in Greek Mythology only. The movie was ok. Not the best thing I've seen. The highlight of this whole movie was finding out that Idris Elba was in it as the Gatekeeper. It was a surprise because I never heard anything about him being in it. The storyline was a little predictable and the acting was little off to me. Natalie Portman was decent in it. Everyone else was sort of subpar. It's definitely not a must see movie to be honest. What good movies have you guys seen? Send me suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment