Wednesday, May 11, 2011

An Untold Story



This picture stroke a chord with me. It expresses my exact feelings about writing. Also the main reason why I started this blog. Writers write. It's just that simple. I write because it's what I am meant to do. I fancy myself a writer. It's my thing. I've been doing this since the 4th grade. When I was a freshman in college, I had a dream. That dream prompted me to begin a novel. My initial premise has changed drastically. I still have a story to tell.

I've been throwing around this book idea for a while now. These characters have been formed in my mind. I know some of their stories. I'm not sure where they are going yet. I'm dedicated to telling this story. I've been trying to keep as much of myself out of the picture. That's been the hardest part. I also need to really focus and write it all down. I believe I could write a story that is different and unique. That's my ultimate goal.

Poetry is easy for me. I can do an editorial piece with my eyes closed. Writing a novel is different. It's harder. I have to dig deep inside of me for it. It's much more creative than anything else I've ever written. But I'm committed to it. I feel that it's my destiny. It's time I get serious about "A Woman's Way."

No comments:

Post a Comment