Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Perfect Love Song

I love a great love song. The right melody with the right lyrics laid carefully on top of it is a wonderful thing. It is happiness personified to my ears. And, whether I'm in love or not, an awesome love song will always be acknowledged. there is just something about them that makes me feel hopeful and happy from the first note. In a world filled with raunchy, simple, and verbally abusive music, a song about love is rare. A great song about love is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Love songs have the ability to touch us all. I think the reason is that we all want love, have love, need love and/or want to stay optimistic about love. That is an undeniable trait in all humans. We crave love. We crave the intimacy. I think a person who can intelligently evoke those emotions through any medium of writing are special. It takes a lot to tap into those emotions and evoke a response from people. Writers do that. It is our basic foundation. Love songs make the world a happier, cheerful place. I can be an emotional woman at times. A wonderful song will definitely take me there.

What makes a perfect love song to you? Is it about the lyrics or the melody? Or does it have more to do with the artist singing the song? I think it's a combination of the first two. The artist is always an after thought to me. I am usually to caught up in the words to notice the artist. After hearing a really beautiful song the other day, I wanted to share a few of my favorite love songs. I hope that you will share your favorites with me as well.














No comments:

Post a Comment