Sunday, May 01, 2011

End Of An Era



It is the end of an era. This summer, all of this will come to a conclusion. No more Harry or Hermoine or Ron or Hogwarts or Voldmert or Snape. Things will never be the same. The Harry Potter movies are about to come to an end. It is a very sad thing for a fan like me. The final movie will be released this summer. I am excited to see it. This is their first trailer from the movie. It is filmed kind of dark like Part 1. All of that is to be expected. I am full of anticipation for this film.

I was a very reluctant Harry Potter fan. I just could not see what I would get out of books and movies about a wizard and magic. I was wrong. The movies were greatly written and superbly depicted. I have watched the characters grow up before my eyes. I have been pulling for Harry to win from day one. The main cast of characters are more than wizards and good and evil. They have depth and they emote everything to us via the screen. I have read the last book "Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows" twice already. So, yes, I know what happens and how it all wraps up. I am still anticipating seeing those words being brought to life by these awesome actors.

What will become of Harry Potter and his motley crew? In my mind, nothing bad ever happens to any f them. I do believe that they have all earned their happily ever after. I am thankful for that random day that I sat down and watched the first film on HBO. That was the day my love affair began with this series. It's gonna be hard to say goodbye to a series that always managed to place a smile on my face. I know that I am not alone. The sales for the books and films are astronomical. The world fell in love with Harry Potter. The world will miss them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment