Thursday, May 12, 2011

Dream Realized



One of my favorite people in the world is my aunt Gina. She has been more like a big sister to me than an aunt. I am her oldest niece. So we have been on a journey for the last 31 1/2 years. She is smart and funny and silly. She loves to read like me and sing her own made up songs, much to the chagrin of her daughter and I. This past Saturday, I was in attendance as she achieved her dream. My Aunt graduated from college. She received a Bachelor's in Social Work. She was also Magna Cum Laude of her college. I have watched her fight her way from a life that many said she couldn't recover from. Her history is important because it pushed her into her future. Her story does not define who she has become. I am so proud of her. She never let any one or any thing stop her from achieving this goal. Gina is a success story on so many levels. I love her spirit. Congrats, Gina!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Niece,
    this is the BEST article ever written about me. I love you with all my heart and soul!!!!MUAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome, G!! Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete