Thursday, May 19, 2011

Outside of My (Movie) Box: Part 3




Once again, I'm stepping outside of my movie box. This has been an interesting journey. I am thankful to my baby for many things. One specific thing is his love for movies that I would never normally watch. In the past, his choices have all been wins. I have even come to call "300" a favorite of mine. His favorite movie(s) are the Matrix trilogy. He has been talking about them since we first met. Much to his chagrin, I had never really seen them. I sort of watched the first one. I never attempted to watching 2 or 3. I do believe that he was slightly disappointed to find out that I did not share his love of this film. I had planned on watching them with him at some point. AMC channel helped me out with this one.

I have to thank AMC for showing the Matrix trilogy this week. He has been trying to get me to watch this series for a while now. I just was not into it. I (barely) watched the first one years ago. From what I do remember, I wasn't impressed. But, I have to say that I was interacting with others while the movie was on. I'm sure this is why the brilliance of it was lost on me years ago. I gave up my regular Monday night tv watching to get into his movie. "The Matrix" pulled me into it quickly. I was intrigued and compelled to finish the movie. I have to admit that he was right. It was a great movie. I love Neo and Morpheus but Trinity is my girl. Her scenes are amazing.

Tuesday night led us to part two "Matrix Reloaded." This is his favorite movie of the three. After watching it, I can see why. there is so much information in this film. I love the fighting scenes in this one as well. My love for Trinity grew with this film. The introduction of Jada Pinkett-Smith and Nona Gaye's character made this film even better to me. Finally, "Matrix Revolutions" was our movie of choice on Wednesday night. This was the culmination of the series. Before watching it, I was apprehensive and conflicted. I clearly wanted to know how it will all end. But, I didn't really want it to end yet. I was enjoying sharing his movie with him. I like this. I enjoyed the 3rd movie as well. I did not like the fact that Trinity died. She was my girl. The final fight scene was awesome. And, I was just informed that there is a script in play now for a 4th installment. I'm intrigued and would definitely watch it.

So far, all of his suggestions have been awesome. I am really enjoying that he likes movies that are so opposite to what is my normal viewing pleasure. I think that it is a great thing. He clearly loves that I love his picks. Who knew I would like movies such as "Lord of the Ring," or "The Passion of the Christ," or "Gladiator." I know I didn't. But, that is one of the great things about us, we are so much alike that our differences are special. I do not know what he will having me watching next. I just know that now I am open to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment