Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Party & Bullshit



I heard this Biggie song today and it made me reminisce. Mainly because it's one of the few Biggie songs I actually like. I may get stoned for that statement but I'm a Tupac fan. Anyway, I digress. I think that life can fall into the two categories in the title of the song. All great things will end up in the "party" pile while everything else ends up in the "bullshit" pile. We all want, need, desire more of the "party" pile. As we all should.

I'm beginning to believe that all things in life come in waves. When things are good, they are very, very good. Every day is a bright and sunny day. I'm in a great mood. No one or nothing can handcuff my joy. It's as if I'm having a great hair day and my wrap is hanging just right. Everything is going my way. I feel really lucky. You know that euphoric feeling you get when you find money in the street or get something for free. That's the party aspect of things.

However, when things are bad, they are worse. I feel like a dark Cumuleus cloud is right on top of me. Everything that is bad just rains down on me. Its hard to come from under that torrential downpour to see the light. Its just not good. The "bullshit" comes in many forms. Be it small or large, it all has the ability to drain my good energy. Those days are never ones I desire.

I'm leaving my bad days behind me. I'm focused on all the good things in my life. Embracing good and light into my life while cutting off anything negative. Life's too short to wallow in the "bullshit." Someone else can have all of that. There is too much good in life to get stuck in a rut. As I bobbed my head to "Party & Bullshit," it reminded me of a simpler time. I'm claiming all the great things in life. Simply because I deserve it. Now, I'm ready to finish my "party" pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment