Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Art of Flirting


Are you a flirt? Do you even know how to flirt? I can honestly say that I am. I always say that it is learned behavior. My Dad was the ultimate flirt. The man was smooth. I have to give him that. There is an art to flirting. If done right, there will be nothing one can't get. I think that people get things misconstrued when it comes to flirting. i can flirt with someone I have no vested interest in. Flirting is supposed to be light and fun. It is not always a serious "I'm trying to get at you" act. I flirt because I can. I know how far to go. I also know that most people do not get that.

In all honesty, when I really like someone I can be really shy. I hold back some on the flirting. Why? because I like dude. There is something about him that peaks my interest. Therefore, I don't wanna treat him like everyone else. He is different. He has my eye. That is something special to me. I'm never really flirting to get the guy. That is not the end goal to me. Flirting is about making the time pass quicker, enjoying a party more, and getting a laugh from a man or two. I like to have fun, I love to laugh. Flirting is a sure way to get that.



I also flirt to see what I can get. A free drink or two in the club, comped whatever wherever, something extra in a store. That gives me a rush. It's a little bit of a high for me. I do not consider flirting playing with someones emotions. If you take flirting super serious, then what's left? Flirting is about the possibilities of things. Maybe I'll give you my number, hell maybe I'll tell you my real name. Flirting is a part of my personality and charm. It's who I am. I flirt a lot more when I'm single and out and about. When I'm in a relationship, I know that I have to curb some of that out of respect for my significant other. I have no problem with that.

I love to flirt with a man who can hang with me. One who can give as good as he gets. That is a great thing. It's not very often I come upon that. And even less frequently with someone I would consider dating. But, sometimes the stars align and you meet that one who complements you in flirting. That is something unique and special. A connection that is not to be taken lightly. That person is a kindred spirit, a cosmic twin. I found that. And, I'm holding on for life. Flirting is a sport. It's a fun exercise. Just know that everyone you flirt with will not have the same mindset as you. Flirt with caution people!

No comments:

Post a Comment