Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Love Letters


Letter writing is become a lost art. Technology has taken over. It has basically corrupted us. Communication is different now. This is the catch 22. We've gotten so caught up in the matrix that we're losing touch with each other. I cannot remember the last time I actually wrote and mailed a letter. Email, texts, tweets and IM's are our modes of communication. I think we should take a step back every now and then. I am a lover of words. So of course, letters will always have a special place in my heart. I blog to get all of these words and feelings out of me. It's my "free therapy." I text extremely long messages to friends to fully express myself. I just love words. Love letters are as close to your heart as the person you love. I got to thinking about new age love letters. I don't think I've ever written a serious love letter. Probably because I've never had a serious love. A love letter in any form is a great thing. I'm a lover of words and emotions. If the two are poured into the same letter, one can never go wrong. Have you ever written a love letter? How long ago? Ever received one? Tell me. Let's talk about love letters.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous26 May, 2011

    I love this. I love the idea of a love letter. It's weird how socially available our words are (facebook, twitter, tumblr, blogspot, etc)in public but are nonexistent in private. I haven't had a letter written to me since I left Korea and the Gemini wrote me one. It was brief but got the point across and made me feel amazing. Can I tell you how many years ago that was? :-P I think I'd have a stroke if he wrote me one now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes believe that social media has crippled us. I like to interact with people though. Love letters have become a lost art form. I will say that a love email evokes the same emotions - tears lol. I'm sure you'd have to stroke too!

    ReplyDelete