Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day! I love my Mommie. She is and has always been my biggest supporter. She is the person who taught me so much. She was always there with a hug, a kiss, a kind word whenever I needed them or not. She has always been my protector, my friend, my sounding board. I celebrate her every day, not just today. I love that we are friends now. My teenage years were tough on both of us. But, we made it through. There is no one else in the world who knows the girl I was and the woman whom I've become so completely. She is my Mother and i am so proud to have her in my life.

I was also blessed with a bunch of Aunts, two Grandmothers and a StepMom as well. There was no lack of female influences in my life growing up. These women all played a great part in my journey to womanhood. I am grateful for all of them. They are the women who have made me laugh, cry, smile, joke, think, explore and grow. I salute and celebrate them today as well. There are not enough words in the dictionary to fully express how much I love my Mommie. I will spend the rest of my life attempting to tell her. Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies out there!



"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." - Abraham Lincoln



"A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled." - Emily Dickinson



“The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." - Rajneesh

No comments:

Post a Comment