Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Message!!



Sometimes I read something that comes at the perfect time. this picture/quote is one of them. It's so easy to get caught up in everything and everyone else. I am my hardest critic. I expect so much of me that it's easy to get down on myself. Sometimes, I need to stop and cherish the moment that I am in. Smell the tulips (I don't like roses lol), notice how blue the sky is, feel the breeze on my face. The simple things are so easy to take for granted. I am human. I have and will make mistakes. I will fall short and I will fail. But, the beauty in all of that, is the comeback, the next triumph, the eventual victory.

I have to remember to cut myself some slack every now and again. Yes, it is great to hear accolades from others. But, my opinion of myself has and will always be the one I respect the most. I like myself. I have to be able to look myself in the mirror and not only like who I am but love who I am. Because of this, I am tough on me. I think I have softened in this area with age. That is a beautiful thing in my eyes. So, like I said, I needed to read this when I did. Perspective is always a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment