Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Get Into It: My Hair, My Products, My Review



On a recent Sally's Beauty Salon, I discovered a product by the name of One 'n Only Argan Oil. I purchased a curling iron by the same company. Since purchasing the products, I had honestly forgot about them. Before washing my hair today, I decided that today would be my experimentation day. For better or worse, I was all in. I would be using the curling iron, Argan Oil that accompanied it, and the moisture reconstructive conditioner as well. I wasn't expecting much because new hair products make me apprehensive. I was however totally wrong about this one.

After washing my hair with KeraCare shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair, I used about half of the packet of Argan oil moisture reconstructive conditioner. I left it in for 5 minutes and then I rinsed it out. Then, I used a very small amount of Argan Oil in my hair. I proceeded to blow dry my hair. Today, my blow drying time was much shorter than usual. After I was done, I could not stop running my fingers through my hair. It was so soft and completely dry. I have to conclude that the Argan Oil products are solely responsible for this change. I could not wait to style my hair!! I was so excited. I flat ironed and hot curled my hair. The results were amazing. Very soft and full of body.I am a fan of Argan Oil now. I will definitely be investing in more Argan Oil products.

The description of this product was also very promising. It reads "One 'n Only Argan Oil is a premium finishing, smoothing and conditioning product. This non-greasy, alcohol-free formula instantly absorbed into the hair, creating brilliant shine without leaving an oily residue. Smoothes cuticle for the silky, conditioned and healthy looking hair. This precious oil eliminates frizz and leaves hair more manageable while helping to protect against damage caused by the environment, chemicals or excessive heat from styling irons and dryers. Provides UV protection and long-term conditioning while reducing split ends and breakage
Ideal for all hair types, One 'n Only Argan Oil reduces drying time and speeds up styling time producing consistently silky smooth results."

This all comes at a curious time. I have been battling internally about getting back to my natural hair state. I am also looking for new products. I have been using KeraCare and Mizani products for years now. I needed a change. Argan Oil has just moved to the top of my list. My hair seems shinier as well. That is just an added plus. A chance trip to Sally's has ended with great results. I love when my hair looks good. It makes me feel better. Silly but very true. I am very happy about my results. I just wanted to share this with you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment