Saturday, September 10, 2011

Gender Specific

I believe in traditions. I think some things that are tried and true just work. I am a woman who can take care of herself. I'm independent and I think for myself. But I think I may be a little bit sexist. And, I'm ok with that. Gender specific roles are very real in my life. I think that's ok because it works for me and my life.

I have no problem with taking care of a home. I don't mind cleaning or cooking. I could deal without washing dishes but I don't despise it. I absolutely love doing laundry. These are all duties that traditionally fall under the female umbrella. I'm ok with that. Just don't ask me to cut the grass or do any major lifting. I don't think I'm prissy but I am a girly girl. I'm not big on getting dirty.

I know feminist would look down on my beliefs. But I don't care. I can't even truly pinpoint where this specific line of thinking came from. It def wasn't a part of my home life growing up. It is what I believe and hold true. Traditional gender roles have been around for ages. They have changed throughout the years. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but as for me and my house, it will probably be law. This woman is more than alright with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment