Friday, September 30, 2011

Adventures in Cooking: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars



I was in the mood for cookies. But I want to make them myself. I came across an incredible food blog. It is the BrownEyedBaker. She has a ton of great recipes. I found one that appeared easy enough and the pictures looked great. Even better, I had all of the ingredients (sans the peanut butter chips) on hand. I like to use what I have in my kitchen when I cook spur of the moment things. That makes things simpler and easier for me. The recipe was for "Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars." Sounds great right? I think you can never go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. I am not a huge fan of peanut butter alone. But, when combined with chocolate, you cannot go wrong.

There was little to no prep time as I gathered my ingredients. I spent most of my time on the actual mixing of the ingredients. Once everything was mixed together and spread into an aluminum pan, it was baking time. The recipe said to bake between 16-20 minutes. I baked for 18 minutes. I then let the pan cool for 15 minutes. The smell was so delicious. I then cut the pan into bars and stacked them on a plate. I ate a bar with a cup of Silk Pure Almond Vanilla Milk. It was amazing. It was soft and warm and chocolatey. I was happy with my baking skills. Little by little, I am learning more things. Me and the kitchen are developing a deeper relationship. I do not know what I will cook up next. But, I will be sure to keep you guys informed. The domesticated diva will definitely be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment