Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Career Crossroads


There comes a time when one feels the need to change things. I am definitely here now. I am at a career crossroads. From the time I was 8 years old, I knew that I wanted to be a lawyer. I never changed my mind all the way through college. I never doubted what I wanted or who I wanted to be. Then I graduated and things shifted. My love for the law is not as intense as it once was. I've been kinda just living but not really existing when it comes to working. The more I've thought about it, the more I've been wanting to go back to school. I no longer want to further my Political Science degree. I still enjoy politics and the law. I just don't want that to be my life's work.



After having a deep conversation with my Love, he said something that moved me. He suggested teaching. He knows how much I love reading, writing, and my subconscious talent of correcting written works. It just makes sense. It's also crazy because two different friends suggested the same thing earlier this summer. The thought scares and excites me. Being an educator never crossed my mind. I've never seen myself in that role. But, now, that thought seems more tangible than ever. I think I could do it and do it well. So going back to school to get my masters in English seems to be the road I'm on. I'm still figuring things out. I still not 100% sure where I'm headed. But I do love that an avenue I never considered has been opened for me. Only time and God will tell. I will pray about it. I think that's a great way to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment