Monday, December 27, 2010

My Year In Review: Spirituality

I used to be big on church. That has not been the case lately. I've become disillusioned with organized religion. I deceided to take things into my own hands for a while. This year I've been exploring my spirituality on my own. It has been a rather interesting journey thus far.

I've taken on the task of reading the Bible. I invested in a study Bible that has been a great help. I've been able to garner a deeper understanding of the words and stories in the Bible. I would like to think that reading these words have given me some patience and peace. It's amazing how much I've retained from childhood sermons. I love when I get to a story I know in the Bible. It really touches me.

So far, Matthew and Romans are by far my two favorite books. I've been enthralled by the story aspects of these books. I will not say that I read the Bible everyday. But, I am reading it alot more than I ever have before. Some chapters are more interesting than others. This makes for fast reading for me.

I am completely committed to reading all of it. I'm no where near completing the Bible. And, for the first time when it comes to reading, I'm not on a rush to finish it either. I'm enjoying this process and can't wait to continue it into the new year.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely want to read the Bible too. Its something I've been wanting to do but haven't committed to it. Maybe that's something I'll really try in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ BB - It's been a very enlightening experience so far. The study Bible I have makes it easier. I think it also help to have someone to discuss it with as well. If you decide to get into it, I'm here for discussions girl!

    ReplyDelete