Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Year in Review: Love

"I am ready for love" - India.Aire

Love was the absolute last thing on my mind and in my heart at the beginning of the year. It was not even an option for me. I was working on me. I was finally over the last heartbreak when this year began. I was focused and it wasn't love. I didn't think I would be able to love again. Or that a man would love me again. Yes, I was down on everything related to love.

But, as the old saying goes, love finds you when you least expect it. That is clearly what happened to me. I woke up one day in love. Just like that. Simple but true. Ok, not that simple. I met a man who was basically the ying to my yang. From the beginning, we were fast friends. We bonded over music and poetry, two of my favorite things. There was light flirting between us. But he was dealing with a situation as was I. He was my friend. Life happened and we stopped talking for a while. And then just as quickly, he was back in my life.

This time was different. It was as if this was meant to be. It began slowly with texts and all night conversations. I had my friend back. I was beyond ecstatic about that. The flirting was at 100 this time around. We were actively pursuing each other. We had the best conversations about everything. His intellect matches mine. His sense of humor and quick wit were in line with my own. I was shocked at how much we had in common. He complements me and vice versa. He makes me think and laugh and blush. My voice becomes so light and sweet when I'm speaking to him. He just does something to me.

I started to fall for him. I was cautious though. I didn't wanna fall without knowing if he'd be there to catch me. He was under my skin and deep inside my heart. There aren't enough words for me to describe how I feel about him.This man's voice makes my heart smile. His laughter makes me happy. When my cell rings & it plays India.Aire's "The Truth" or Algebra Blesett's "At This Time," I light up because I know that its him calling. I've never been loved like this. This is something totally new. I think this is what poets mean when they write about true love. I just love KJB so much. This is the way love has presented itself to me in 2010. If 2011 is anything like this year, I know that I will be loved like never before. I'm ready for that.



1 comment:

  1. THIS!!!!!!!! Love this post because I know you deserve it, friend! He's a keeper right?

    ReplyDelete