Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Year in Review: Myself

This has been a very interesting year. I can say that I'm better at the end of it than I was at the beginning of it. It was a learning year for me. 30 was a wonderful age for me.

I've become comfortable enough to voice my true feelings about certain things. Things I never have admitted to anyone before. I used to be very guarded before this year. I made myself believe that I was guarding my heart from any impending pain or hurt. In actuality, I was stopping myself from feeling anything. That part of the story is over.

I did not cut my hair once this year. That's a big deal for me. I am usually changing my hair style and color constantly. I let that go this year. My hair has grown to about shoulder-length and its still jet black. I can't say that this will be the case in 2011. It probably will be cut soon. But, the jet black will be here to stay. I love it a lot.

I've learned to let go and worry less in the latter half of 2010. Taking on the worries of others is something I've done all my life. I decided that it will not be a part of my future. I read so many great books this year. And, from them I learned so much. I think that is when I'm at my best, when I'm learning. I love to learn.

I let go of some toxic and dead friendships. Friends grow and that's what happened. I re-established some major friendships as well. I will not dwell on those who've lost me. I'm focused on strengthening the friendships that I hold dear to my heart. That's what's important to me. It's what I've learned this year. Life is for the living. And, I plan on living every moment to the fullest from here on out. This is my introspective year in review.

No comments:

Post a Comment