Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Year in Review: Life

“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” - Soren Kierkegaard

That quote personifies how I've felt about the past year. It's the end of the year & its always a time of reflection. 2010 was a pretty good year. Especially compared to the colossal downpour that 2009 was. I am hopeful looking ahead to 2011. That is the word that I'm using going forward.

Life has a funny way of giving you just what you need when you aren't even looking for it. This let's me know that God has an ill sense of humor. I spent most of 2009 being very introspective. I was trying to get down to the very essence of who I was. Beginning in 2010, I decided that I was ok. That I was lovable. Situations in 2008 made me doubt myself.

In 2010, I got myself back. I lost sight of who I truly was for a while. This year, I laughed more, stressed less, and made a conscious effort to just live life. I'm not exactly where I want to be yet. I feel like I'm well on my way there. I weeded out some bad friends and tightened my friendships with some great people. I'm writing more which is a great thing. I've found more ways to making my own happiness. That has been the key. I embarked on a personal religious journey to get a better, deeper understanding of the Bible. I've read books that are of a more varied genres.

Life has been quite extraordinary this year. I believe that it will get even better going forward. I am trying to turn myself from an often pessimist to a daily optimist. It's not easy but by changing the way I think, I will change the way I see things. Life in 2010 was one for the books. I have no doubt that 2011 will be as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment