Sunday, August 01, 2010

My Poetry Corner I: "...getting fucked"


I'm a writer. More specifically, I'm a poet. So, I plan on sharing my poetry with the world. Here's one of my favorite pieces that I've ever written and the one I love to perform the most. Enjoy!!

Sometimes things occur in your life that make you take a deeper look at the people you let into your life and into your body. And, the reality is that, most times, those people aren't deserving of what you have to offer!!

"...getting fucked!"

thoughts of how it should be
between you & me
while all the while settling for little that you do give
because it's the only way you say you know how to live
to everything else, you got me playing second best
or 3rd or 4th or 10th, no less
you spit that game
when you claim
that you love me, see
because of you, I now know bout getting fucked
because if it weren’t for bad luck, I wouldn't be stuck
here with you
trying to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do
baby, do you understand that you are fucking me, mentally
raping my trust, my love, & my innocence continuously
see, this ain't no loving intercourse
because when it's all said and done, I am left with only dreaded remorse
you took of me what you needed
then decided that I was useless & depleted
you call this "true" & "real," right?
but only in bed & late at night
you believe that love is only physical
but, see, your love leaves me empty, depressed, & miserable
I know that love ain't supposed to leave you
full of hate & black & blue
every bruise on my broken, blistered heart
are all due to actions on your part
no, no, you never once raised your hands to me
because your "beatings" took place internally
see, I'm being hit with no glove
getting fucked with no love
from you I always get the short end of the stick
knowing that you can't fix this or us with your tongue or your dick
I am so tired of getting fucked with no protection
hopelessly, wishing for some genuine affection
I am desperately, desperately seeking solace from this
knowing that when I'm gone, you will not be missed
I will not cry one single tear
because I have, for too long, lived in fear
of being unloved & alone
but here, with you, is worst, so now I'm gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment