Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Faux Celebrity

Remember the days of actual talented celebrities? It seems like so long ago. In 2010, we are handed a bunch of faux celebrities. People, mainly women, who have no real talent but everyone knows their names. You guys know who I'm speaking of. Folks such as Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian & her family, Superhead, Kat Stacks, Tiger woods' mistresses, and Jesse James' mistresses. Women who've used sex and sex tapes to garner their faux fame. When did this become the norm? Why are these people featured on magazines and talk shows and the like?

I swear I wish I had never head of none of these people. They are seemingly simple and vapid people. But, also kinda smart. They used what they had to get the fame, notoriety, and money. The public eats it up. I refuse to indulge in the simplicity. My mind cannot wrap itself around the fact that this is real life. We've become so caught up in the fakness that reality has become lost. Reality tv isn't real life. I want movie & tv stars back. Actual, real life people with God given talent. I do like some reality tv shows. But, I'm not a fan of these people. I don't wanna see them on my tv, on the computer and on magazines week in and week out.

Truth be told, I don't see this trend ending any time soon. The public is too caught up in the fascination of it all. I don't support this. I just can't. My intelligence won't let me. I know where I will and won't spend my money. I know what I will watch and won't watch. Everyone else can keep and idolize these faux celebs. I'll be late for that (c @brookandthecity) lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment