Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 8: The "I-Want-A-Baby" moment

It's hard to randomly choose just one defining moment in my life. I am sitting here trying to think of a significant moment in my life thus far. There have been quite a few so I'm not sure which one to pick. Ok here goes a good one.

On April 16, 2001, my life changed. A little girl was born and she captured my heart. Her name is DaShira, we call her Shi. She's my 9 year old God-daughter. She's grown up to be an intelligent, adorable, opinionated and bubbly little girl. But, the moment I held her in my arms, I fell in love with her and the idea of having kids. This was a big deal to me because prior to that, I was anti-kids. Probably because I am the oldest of 6. I've been the mommy of my group of friends, even though I'm the youngest one. But, that one moment changed how I saw my future. This thought was reinforced by the fact that I babysat her everyday for the first month of her life. She is still my baby and I'm her Nanna. Now, I haven't fulfilled this particular epiphany yet. But, I still fell the same way I did on that day. I seriously have to stop writing before I begin to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment