Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Day 1: Let's talk about who I am.



My father made my name up. Up until I was an adult, I've never met anyone with my name. And, the few women that I've met with my government name were named after me. That, to me, makes me very special and unique. People have mispronounced my name for 30 years now. I prefer the abbreviated form of my name. I think it fits the woman that I am, the woman that my mother raised me to be. I'm a 30 year old, single woman with no kids, no pets (but I want a puppy). I am a writer, a lover of the arts, born and bred New Orleans girl. I'm a daughter, a sister, a cousin, an auntie, a friend, a Nanna all rolled into one.

I'm a writer by nature, a poet by nurture. I love words and language. Always have, always will. I live for music. It's a guaranteed way to change or enhance my mood. A good book and great music is my idea of a good time. I'm sarcastic and funny and opinionated and spoiled and a wonderful friend. My sense of humor is seriously outta this world lol. I love that about myself though. Laughter is the best and only drug I need. I love & enjoy my family, especially my 4 nephews and 2 nieces. I'm the oldest of 7 and I relish being the boss :) true story.

This is my second or third time trying this blogging thing. I'm more dedicated to sticking to it this time. Time will tell right? Ok, day one done. Day two is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment