Monday, August 09, 2010

Day 7: My Best Friend


Blessed is the person who has someone to call a friend. I never, ever take my friends for granted. that being said, I have a few best friends. They are my bestie's for different, varied reasons.

My oldest and dearest best friend is Ty. She is my first cousin, my godsister and first friend. She says she knew me before I knew me (lol) because she's 10 months and 2 days older than me. We've been each other's confidant, protector, supporter, and personal cheerleader for 30 1/2 years now. She knows me and accepts me for the woman that I am. And, vice versa. Our friendship is indeed special and unique. Many friends have come & gone but we're still here, still tight.

Then there's Chuck. We've been friends for 20 years! That's crazy! He's one of the best guys I know. Our friendship has always been based on total honesty. that's a quality & characteristic that you cannot bottle or buy. I am grateful to know him. If ever I need to talk or vent or express my concern about anything in my life, he's been a shoulder for me to lean on. I'm sure I have been the same for him.

I am so lucky to have a great group of friends...true, real friends. The ones that I can count on when the chips are down or when everything is great. I love them for that and the feelings def mutual.


No comments:

Post a Comment