Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 22: I See Red When...


Racism. Plain and simple. I literally see red when it comes to this issue. In 2010, to prejudge someone by the color of their skin is just ignorant. I base my judgement of folks on their actions and their words. Black, white, yellow, brown, purple alike. I like who I like. Color has never played a part in how I chose my friends and it never will. Nor will I ever let race play a part in who I align myself with. I am more than this brown skin. I am more than the box I check next to African-American. I am more than my Black pride. I am not my race nor whatever a racist will call me. I am not a negro, I am not an African-American, I am not Black. I am a human being, first, last and foremost. I am me. See me for the woman that I am inside. Hell, get to know before you decide you hate me. I promise you won't hate me. Love me? Probably. Like me? Definitely. Hate me? Doubtful. It would be silly of me to believe that just because President Barack Obama was elected into office, that racism would be erased. I know we still have a long way to go. but, I think we should be further along than we are as a nation. Time for a change is def now.

No comments:

Post a Comment