Wednesday, August 22, 2012

#30in30: What You Don't Know About Me



Blogging allows me the freedom to tell my story in my own words. Since starting the #30in30 challenge, I've read a lot of blogs. One thing I've noticed is a bunch of bloggers have done this getting to know you blogs. It consists of 5 random facts about the blogger. I thought this was an ideal blog topic. I had to dig deep to think of five unique things about me to share. Especially things that I have not shared here before. Here's what I came up with. Enjoy.

1)I am very prissy. Extremely. My Mom has often wondered where I came from because she is nothing like me. I've always been very girly. I own one pair of sneakers. I prefer not to wear them But, I'm also a Hip-Hop loving, sports watching, politics discussing, woman. I am anomaly. I am a walking, talking conundrum. And, to top it off, I am very weird. I say all of that to say that I'm comfortable in my own skin. I love all the idiosyncrasies of me. I think every aspect of these things make me the woman I am.

2) I'm not a fan of candy. I love chocolate. When & if I do eat candy, I always seek out the orange ones. Starburst, Skittles, jelly beans, M&M's, always the orange ones. I do not know why I do this at all. It's just what I do.

3) In general, I hate for folks to touch my feet. I love spa pedicures but I'm always tense when the lady is touching my feet. My nephew Kole loves to rub my feet. It literally makes me cringe. His hands are tiny. I mean, he's only 3. But, it feels so funny. I don't like my feet massaged. Or even just touched. It's one of my quirks.

4) I despise fake hair. I don't dig weaves, wigs, or tracks. It just isn't my thing. I like my hair. I play in my hair too much. Love to feel my scalp. I don't care what others do. I just know that I'm comfortable with my own hair.

5) I have a severe aversion to the color green. I don't buy clothing in any shade of green. Nor cookware, flatware, appliances, shoes, or accessories. I really don't like it. It's my least favorite color ever. I don't know when this started. I just know there is no shade of green that I would ever wear. But, I love sage green on a baby. Weird, right?

Now, I feel like you know me better. These are very random but important aspects of me. I loved reading about the random five things of other bloggers. I have no problem sharing myself here. It's my little place of complete freedom. Now, tell me five random things about yourself, readers. I am more than interested. Let's talk!

2 comments:

  1. I work with a woman that is clearly fascinated by the color green. She wears green everyday and has even decorated her desk with green everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reggie - Well, that's odd & the annoying. Ok, maybe not but I couldn't deal with it. I love purple & blue but I don't wear either everyday. Thanks for the read & comment..

      Delete