Monday, August 27, 2012

#30in30: This Reader's Review: Part X: "Left Behind" Series (Part I)



A good book makes you feel good once you're finished reading. A great back makes the reader want more. I have just finished 13 great books. I've been deeply submerged in a book series. So much so that I didn't want it to end. It's a 13 book series entitled "Left Behind." The series is biblical & is based on what happens after the Rapture. As a woman who is intrigued with the Bible, this series was perfect for me. I needed to read this. I have to say thank you to HIM because he suggested I read this. We talk a lot about spirituality and religion. So he knew that this would be right up my alley. I'm grateful for that, for HIM. There is so much that takes place within these 13 books. I just want to share an overview of the books here.

These characters are so well thought out. I love the depth that each character possesses. I love all the good characters like Rayford, Chloe, Buck, Tsion, David and Mack. They represent the good in mankind. I see pieces of me in all of them. They weren't truly sold on Christianity and religion before the Rapture. But, every last one of them became believers in their own time. I loved how much each of them grew within their faith. How they never waivered on their love of the Lord. It's inspiring on so many levels. I've never had issues with my faith. My issues with religion have always centered on the pastors giving the sermon. My hunger for the word of God has never be completely quenched. My walk with God has been in my own hands for the last few years. This series has helped me realize a clearer view of where I need to be. 


The authors also did an incredible job of making me like and despise certain characters. Nicolae Carpathia is the epitome of a character you love to hate. He's sweet as pie, charismatic, well spoken and sinister to boot. He is the epitome of a wolf in sheep's clothing. From the beginning, I was wary of him. He was too smooth, too perfect. He reminded me of Adolf Hitler. He too was charismatic and people allowed him to kill at will for years. I loved watching his evolution. He slowly became everything the Bible had predicted that he would be. It was amazing to see his story unfold. I hated him, everything he was, everything he stood for. I despised him. I do not think I've ever felt so deeply about a character in a book. That shows how awesomely he was written. That takes talent. The authors truly possess that.

This series was made into movies. I will definitely check them out in the near future. If they are even half as good as the books, they will be awesome. I needed to sit with this information. It affected me that much. This series made me happy and excited. I was so into this series. I did not want it to end. I flew through the first ten books easily. Then, I started to slow down with my reading. I wanted the final books to last. I wasn't ready to be done with these characters. I was happy with the outcome. I would recommend this series to anyone I know. You guys should get into it. It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment