Friday, August 17, 2012

#30in30: Places I Must Visit: New York City


I decided to go domestically with this pick. I'm always choosing other continents for these posts. One place on my list has to be New York City. I've wanted to explore this city for years. I've never had a reason to go. Nor did I ever have anyone to go with. I do not believe that NYC is the type of city one visits alone. I do not think I could live there. I am not interested in taking the subway at all. I just want to walk the streets of the city. Would love to just get lost in the city for a few days. Soak in everything that NYC has to offer me. 


Of course, I want to do all of the tourist things. I want to see the sights. The Statute of Liberty, Times Square, the Empire State Building are among the sights I have to see. I especially want to see what Brooklyn 's like. I want to eat at the most authentic New York spots. Oh, I definitely want to have dollar pizza and Shake Shack. I want to experience the NYC nightlife. SOB's, 40/40, Greenhouse (if it ever reopens) have been mentioned to me. I want to walk through Central Park during the day. I want to walk through Harlem. I want to see Wall Street and see a play on Broadway.


Mainly, I just want take in the hustle that is NYC. I'm sure that it is so different than my city. New York is the Big Apple where everything is fast. While New Orleans is the Big Easy, where everything is laid back and easy. No matter, I need to see it for myself. It's the place in the U.S. I've wanted to visit for as long as I could remember. As a college student, I was planning a trip that my Mom promptedly nixed. She was not having it. Now,that I'm older, I feel like this trip is long overdue. So, soon NYC needs to see me.


No comments:

Post a Comment