Monday, August 13, 2012

#30in30: It's My Hair: Product Review



It's that time again. It's my hair and I need to talk about it some more. As of this week, I have been transitioning for 45 weeks. I've invested my time in YouTube videos, natural hair care forums and advice from other natural women I know. For the most part, I've had really good look with products working for me & my hair. I haven't had a lot of trial and error. Which is pretty great because I haven't wasted a lot of money. I did not big chop because I was not comfortable with my hair being really short or nonexistent. I entered a contest on a whim via Tumblr & Facebook. I was behind surprised when I actually won. The prize was a Carol's Daughter 1-2-3 Transitioning Kit. I was very interesting to try the products out. A few days after receiving my prize from Sassy Nation, I put them to work. The picture below is where my hair started.



First off, I loved this kit! Absolutely loved the effect it had on my hair. I am not a fan of the smell. I'm not sure what the exact scent is. But, it's not one I'm fond of. The low poo cleanser is great. You don't need to use a lot to feel it working. All three products have this tingling aspect to them that I love. I wet my hair before applying. I worked it into my scalp and from the roots to the tip. While washing my hair, I could feel a major difference. My hair wasn't tangled. It was easier to detangle while using this product, which is a major plus. The second step was my favorite. It's the spray that goes directly onto your scalp. It was tingling the whole 15 minutes it was on my scalp. After rinsing it out, I applied the repair breakage cream. I sat under a hooded dryer for 15 minutes. The heat plus the tingling was an experience. The picture below is halfway through. I used parts 1 & 2 so far.



After I was finally done, I was very satisfied with this product. My hair was soft and manageable. It took me less time to do my hair. I didn't have to spend time detangling. I used my hands instead of a wide toothed comb. I am completely sold on this kit. Even though I am getting towards the end of my transition, I am glad I found this product. I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about transitioning as well. My natural hair goal was to transition for a year. October 2, 2012 will be my one year anniversary. I'm so proud of myself for sticking to it. Carol's Daughter has given me a product that should make the next few weeks a breeze.
The last picture is what my hair looks like now. It's so soft and I love the way it feels. I suggest all you transitioning naturalistas get into these products.

2 comments: