Saturday, August 25, 2012

#30in30: Do You Realize?



...that they are genetically modifying our food??Genetically modified food. Those three words frightened me. The picture above is of a normal sized salmon and a genetically modified one. The difference is ridiculous. I am scared about this practice. They say that this practice will help feed the ever growing world's population. I cannot say that I truly believe that. I'm worried about anything that deals with genetics being changed. That could lead to deformed animals. Those deformities could also be passed on to humans. I do not want to try my luck at anything like that. Who would? It's crazy to me that this practice is legal. That no one is outraged about it. I do not believe that the world is going to run out of food. I just cannot wrap my mind around that idea. I do not believe that we should be altering our food sources.



The long term affects of altering and modifying food has not been confirmed. I am weary of this. What exactly is the USDA feeding us? I have no clue what they are putting into the food. It makes me not want to eat much. After watching a few documentaries, I am completely over most fast food places. I cannot eat McDonald's anymore. I'm not even sure if any of the food they serve is real food. That genetically modified salmon above is gross. I'm staring at it and it's making me ill. They are pumping all kinds of things to alter our food. I do not like what I've been reading about this. I actually had to stop reading about it. Did you guys know about this? How is this legal? Pay attention to the stickers on fruit and labels on meat. The USDA has to label food accordingly. Look into this. I am still in shock. And, not hungry at all.


4 comments:

  1. I just want to know if the beef is gonna be "garlicy and delicious".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww! I do not want any part of it.

      Delete
  2. Food justice. I won't preach but I will say that your dollar is your vote. Vote wisely. ...All the food we feed animals COULD feed the entire world. No lie. >>RE: the Kat WIlliams clip, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about spending your dollars wisely. And, I LOVE that Katt clip. He is hilarious but also truthful!

      Delete