Tuesday, August 21, 2012

#30in30: Ok, I Did It!


One year ago today, I wrote this. Little did I know that it would be the beginning of a year long goal. I have blogged consecutively for one year straight. That is huge for me. I gave myself a goal and I stuck to it. Let me just say that this was not easy at all. There were some nights where I had no clue of what to write about or if I would even be able to do it. I persevered and that is what matters the most. I never could have imagined that when I started this blog with this one post that I would still be here writing my heart out. It's been a little over 2 years since I began blogging. It's been a great experience. I love writing and blogging has helped me to sharpen my skills. This is more of a personal celebration for me. I am thankful for this space.


Writing has always come easy to me. It's been my thing for as long as I can remember. My Mom says I would make up stories about my dolls and my imaginary friend. I've been blessed with the gift of imagination and writing. Writing brings me a sense of calm that I can't really explain. Some people are good with numbers, others with electronics, but I've always had a way with words. I'm thankful for my blog. It's my writing outlet. It's my place to get all these thoughts out into the world wide cyber universe. It's been one long year. I've written when I was happy, excited, mad, hurt, sad and confused. I've written through it all. That's perseverance. This is my reward. Ok, let me get back to blogging and my next writing goal. I plan to finish the year strong. Blogging daily. I have my fingers crossed that I can accomplish this. Thanks to all of you for reading.

“If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don’t write” —Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment