Friday, August 31, 2012

#30in30: What I've Learned


Yesterday marked the end of the #30in30 challenge. I was so caught up in the hurricane hoopla that I forgot to speak on that. In all honesty, writing every day was no problem for me. I've been doing that for a year now. What I did challenge myself on was my content. That was a huge challenge to expand the scope of my blog. I thought long and hard about every blog. Some days I was excited about what I'd written. Other days inspiration was no where to be found. I pushed myself to open up more on certain things. It was not an easy task but I did it. I wrote about everything. Things that excited me, angered me, and scared me to death. I was determined to complete this challenge. It was important to my life as a writer. This is the thing that I feel I was called to do. This is the place where I will perfect it.

There are days where I fell back into my old habits of writing about music and politics. The difference is that I wrote about different genres of music and different aspects of politics. I stuck to my goal. The #30in30 challenge made me realize a few things about my writing style. I needed this challenge more than I knew. Writing during this last month has been the best thing for me. It got me to focus on my end goal. The blogs I am more than proud of are the ones about the left behind series, the Republican rape, and my getting to know you blogs. I feel like #30in30 was a huge success for me and my blog. I hope that my readers enjoyed this challenge as well I will continue to blog daily here. My new goal is to develop my short story fully. I'm invested in those characters. Camille and Jakob have a story to tell I am more than thankful for Aliya S. King and Erik G. Parker for this challenge. #30in30 is done. Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment