Wednesday, August 29, 2012

#30in30: This Reader's Review: Part XI: "The Left Behind Series" (Part II My Spiritual Take)



The Left Behind series stirred up so many emotions in me. I blogged about the books here. Religion has always interested me. It's the one thing I do not believe I will ever get tired of learning about. I've found out so many answers on my quest for Biblical knowledge. The only thing I've truly taken from this series is questioning my faith. From the beginning of Book 1, I've been intrigued by the Rapture. The people who were left behind were a mixed group. There were characters who went to church all the time, who seemed to be devout Christians. The fact that they were left behind told their true stories. Their faith wasn't strong enough, their resolve not deep enough. They weren't really living a Christ filled life. They weren't truly believers. This bothered me. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord & Savior. I have confessed with my mouth. I have been baptized. I've spent years in the church. My relationship with God is strong. I believe that he is the Alpha & the Omega, that he created everything that we know. I have no doubt about Jesus or Lucifer. I know what I believe to be the truth and my faith is solid. This series makes me question if that is enough. If my belief is enough.


The series takes the reader on an incredible journey. From disbelieve and confusion to triumph and redemption. There is never a dull moment. Each line, each paragraph builds this world for the reader. It's colorful and dark and good and evil all rolled into a 13 book series. Everything the reader thinks they know about the Bible, this series challenges, confirms and takes to task. It's just that great. To read about the rise of the Anti-Christ was appalling and insane. I cannot believe that some characters in this book still did not believe in God even after living through the Rapture, the Tribulation and the Great Appearing. To still doubt that God is the Alpha & Omega is crazy to me. But, I do realize that as long as there is good there will be Evil. 


The authors did an incredible job of creating a storyline that pulls you in. The foundation of this series comes directly from the Bible. The authors did not stray from God's word. They created the situations surrounding the Bible. Every aspect of this series is filled with so much colorful imagery that this story came alive in my head. I saw every word just the way the authors intended. I was so deeply engrossed by this series that I would dream of it. These characters became real to me. There are many times in the series that characters doubt their faith or their walk. I identify with that aspect. I have been there before and I am sure that I will be again. The characters struggled with real life doubts and moments of being unsure. This is the walk that I believe that all believers take.

If you are someone who, like me, is reading the Bible for the first time by yourself, this series is for you. It is a lengthy but quick read. Yes, it's 13 books long but the story is so captivating that reader would lose sight of that quickly. This series had me pulling out my Bible a lot. There are things that I knew before reading this series. There is even more that I did not know until reading this series. I am grateful for the authors for that. It has inspired me to read my Bible more. I think I will start with a nightly reading. The story progresses at the right rate. It's full of Bible scriptures. I was always pulling out my Bible to read more. It's interesting on a spiritual level. If you are searching for answers about what will happen when God comes back for his people, you will find them in this series. I would recommend this to all. It's a must read. It's why I'm sharing it with you. I am that invested in the series. I devoured every page of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment