Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Rant: 35



In less than 5 months, I will be 35. Thirty-freaking-five!! This is a huge milestone for anyone. I am not prepared. I am not taking this aging thing gracefully. 35 is an age I could not comprehend  when I was 16. Around this time 5 years ago, turning 30 felt like the biggest thing ever. I am trying my best to not get caught up in all the things I thought I would/should have by this age. But, it's hard not to. I am not really looking forward to it. 35 is an age where things should be settled in your life. I feel totally unsettled and unprepared for what will become of me. I don't like the uncertainty my future holds. Turning 35 was supposed to be something different than what it will be. It just hit me today that I will be 35 soon. I had a plan for my life. It hasn't exactly panned out quite the way I thought it would. I am going to spend the next few months trying to change my thinking about my next birthday. Hopefully, by the time December 14th, my outlook will be better. Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment